Description

The characteristics that make it easy to spot a douchebag... or worse, how to tell if you're a douchebag.

Thursday 25 August 2011

The Shocker

It's stereotyping, but it has crossed everyone's mind. There are certain things: specific clothes, the way someone wears certain items...even mannerisms that make you think: douche. I've had several discussions with several different people where listing the characteristics of what makes someone a douche came way too easily. And so this site was born.

The thing that started it all: The Shocker


I was bored at work one day, hopping from one facebook page to another. I started with friends, then went on to friends of friends. I saw this guy that I always thought was "alright looking" (read: I've totally had a crush on him for, like, ever), so I clicked on "photos". A couple pictures in, I had confirmed that I did, in fact, think he was...alright. But then came the click that ended a 4 year crush. There he was at some bbq... flashing the Shocker. That's all I needed, I didn't even bother finish looking at the album. Douche.


The Urban Dictionary has some lengthy definition for it that I couldn't even bring myself to read in it's entirety. Basically, it's a sexual act that involves three fingers: two in the pink and one in the... man, if you don't know what it is, you're better off. It's gross, it's juvenile, and it's stupid for a "grown ass man" to be throwing it up in pictures.







I just googled "Shocker" and that's what came up. Point made? It should be noted that most hand gestures (i.e. the classic "middle finger") in pictures, other than a thumbs up and peace sign, fall into the realm of douchebaggery.

There is only one exception to this rule that I have come across thus far. And that is when the Shocker becomes... The Spocker! 




By default, anything Spock is cool. But the dude on the right? Total douchebag.

No comments:

Post a Comment